Friday, September 24, 2010

Nothing really exciting...

First, I feel I owe an apology.  I haven't blogged in a while, and I feel guilty.  I have only felt like whining, and there aren't many people that enjoy whining, so...but let's see if I can get you up to speed.

I've been experimenting with new foods.  I've been doing a lot of crock pot cooking, trying to find something that works well for me.  Meatloaf, roasts, beef tips, turkey meatballs...It has all led me to this conclusion: I think I'm destined to become a reluctant vegetarian.  Not in the "won't eat anything that comes in contact with meat" or anything like that, but so far I'm not having much luck at all.  Still the thing I eat most of all is potatoes of some sort--mashed, baked, cut up and seasoned like home fries, o'brien...

Everything is kind of hit and miss.  For example, twice now I've made something for dinner and been fine, yet the next day when I try it for lunch, I puke my face off.  As recently as two days ago, I had beef tips and gravy over mashed potatoes that we had had for dinner the night before.  I had it for lunch before having to pick up my daughter from school for a doctor appointment.  I threw up probably 10 times while getting ready to go get her, and I thought by the time I left the house I was ok.  I wasn't.  I ended up having to pull over twice over the 45 minute drive to the doctor.  Then I got to listen to a lecture from my 6-year-old, something along the lines of I should know by now what I can eat, and it's not good to be throwing up all the time, and I really need to learn.  She was seriously mad at me!

Still, I've lost 62 lbs, so I can't bitch too much.  I've had several people ask me if it was worth it, and I say hell yes.  If I wouldn't have had this surgery, I would have just kept ballooning.  As I sit here and type this, a Jenny Craig commercial is on, with Sara Rue.  She has lost 50 lbs, and she said she realized she needed a lifestyle change.  Well, I tried that through Weight Watchers...three times.  I need the type of permanent lifestyle change that allows me no control.  The way I see it, I'm halfway there.  I'm almost out of the 200 lb range, which I haven't been since I was 20. 

This weekend will prove to be a challenge.  We are leaving to stay at my brother-in-law's, which the entire family does every year in the fall.  There will be 16 of us or so, and who knows what we'll be eating.  I know that there will be chicken wing soup, a spaghetti dish of sorts, and I'm taking a taco casserole that I've never tried (ground chicken, taco seasoning, refried beans, salsa, sour cream and cheese) and hot sausage with onions and peppers (that's the Italian in me).  I don't know if I can eat anything that I'm taking...guess we'll have to wait and see.  I'll report back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment