Friday, July 30, 2010

General Ramblings and Musings

I was looking over some of the papers from the doctor's office.  One thing I just saw was "it is normal not to feel hunger at this time, but it is important not to skip meals.  Eat 3 meals a day, even if it is only a bite or two."  Believe it or not, it's easier said than done.  Although it is hard for me to fathom, in the last 2 weeks I have only been hungry once or twice, and that was only because I was thirsty.  Today I had to force myself to have half a slice of toast.  So far that's all I've had.  I decided last night that I'm done with tuna for now...it just is not agreeing with me.  I went to bed feeling pretty sick to my stomach. 

Tomorrow is the big krockathon.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it is an all day, outside rock concert at the State Fair Grounds, put on by K-Rock radio.  15 bands, if I heard correctly.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also nervous.  I haven't done any "all day" anything since my surgery.  It's supposed to be hot and sunny, and packed with people.  I don't do all that well in crowds of people.  In general, I don't like people much.  But I'm willing to sacrifice to see two of my favorite bands.  But in preparation for the day, I find myself returning to the same questions...What if they don't let me bring my own water in?  Am I going to have to pay $4 for every bottle of water I want? (concert venue = ridiculous pricing)  What am I going to eat?  I know we won't get out of there until at least 11 pm, and that's being "cup half full".  I can't go an entire day without eating, yet everything I can eat needs to be refrigerated, and I doubt I'll find anything there I can eat.  So what, do I live on saltines all day?  If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears!

3 comments:

  1. Can you do Carrot sticks? If you can i'd just stuff some down the front of your pants or rip the lining of an old handbag (GASP THE HORROR) and shove em in there (works for cameras at concerts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, can't do raw veggies til after week 7. Good idea though! (I hope they allow my camera in, it's too big to fit down the front of my pants!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sucks!
    ripped handbag my dear..works every time ;~) Its how i smuggled mine in to george.

    Have fun and stay safe
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete