Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Week = New Food!

It's a new week.  Two weeks since the surgery, and that means I'm officially entering postop week 3.  Which means....new food!!  I've been looking forward to this day for a week.  New foods to try:
  • Scrambled egg (no more than 1/2 an egg)
  • Canned or packaged tuna/salmon
  • 1/4 to 1/2 piece of toast (avoid doughy breads)
  • 1-2 small crackers
Finally.  Food that is chewable.  This morning I made two cans of tuna--one for me, and one for my daughter, who is a tuna freak.  (By the way, has anyone else noticed that a can of tuna is no longer good for two sandwiches?)  I made Gabby her sandwich, then giddily made myself the other can, with the intention of eating it out of the bowl with a couple of saltines.  And this where reality sets in...6 small bites and one saltine later, and I'd had enough.  I was almost feeling a little sick.  So judging by the amount of tuna left in my bowl, I have enough for two more meals.  Amazing.

Oh, and did I mention I weighed myself?  I'm 22 lbs. lighter, and wore a shirt last night that was previously too tight.  Yay me!

2 comments: