Friday, April 8, 2011

The Little Things

It's the little things that tickle me.

Little things that I notice about myself since losing weight.

I have one chin.

I have a collarbone.  I have bones in my shoulders.  I have tendons behind my knees (noticed while shaving my legs in the shower) and it's hard to shave around my ankle because there's an indentation behind the ankle bone.

I have knuckles.  I am wearing rings on fingers I never thought I would.  I have bones in my wrists.  Hip bones?  I have them.  Prominant rib cage...when I'm laying down, but it's there.

I'm not short-winded.  It takes a lot more to wear me out, my endurance and stamina are high.  I can shop all day without blinking an eye.  My feet get tired before I do.

I love the way my husband looks at me, and calls me "Skinny Lady" or his tiny woman, and when he hugs me his arms wrap all the way around me.  He commented the other day on my "chicken legs" with his trademark smirk.  He can pick me up now, and we surprised the kids when he walked into the kitchen with him giving me a piggy-back ride.  He even asked me if I'm wearing a bikini this summer.  HA!!  Yeah, right...NOT happening!  I may be thinner, but I'm certainly not bikini thin!  But the thought behind it makes me pretty happy.

I also have noticed little things that don't tickle me so much, and that's mostly about flabby skin.  Namely my wings.  However, these lovely flappy wings of mine are not going to stop me from wearing sleeveless shirts this summer.  I haven't gone sleeveless in public since high school, and I thought I was a cow then so I rarely did it then either.

You always hear how it's about the little things in life...it's true.

1 comment: