Sunday, December 12, 2010

Resolutions and Stuff

Is it bad luck to make your New Years resolutions early?  I have a couple I'd like to make, and I don't want to wait til January.  The thing with resolutions for me is that I never make them.  I think they're stupid, and if you want to change something about yourself or your life, do it, no matter what time of year it is.  But, since this is a new(er) me, I'm going for it.  If I fail, I'll chalk it up to the fact that I made the resolutions before Christmas. 

First and foremost, I want to write a post for this blog once a week.  I've failed miserably at doing it, and I find I feel better after I do.  So, that's one.  I'm going to shoot for the same day every week, to be determined....later.  (I am an A1, first class procrastinator).

Second, and more cliched, I want to try to exercise more.  Notice the use of the word "try".  I'm not going to be unrealistic and say I'm going to do it come hell or high water, five days a week.  It would be nice if the Boonville Health and Fitness Center made their New Years resolution to lower their rates, but that's neither here nor there, I suppose.

I'm going to stop there with the resolutions, for now at least.  If I come up with something later, I can always wait for the new year.

As for life post surgery, it's going well.  I am throwing up much less now, and I can't say I miss it!  Figuring out what works and what doesn't makes all the difference in the world.  I do have habits that I need to change, one of them being I've gone back to being a night time snacker.  Such a bad habit to go back to!

If there is something you'd like me to write about, (some question you have, some observation, whatever), please feel free to message me on facebook or send me an email if you've got my address.  There's not much that goes on around here these days, and coming up with something to talk about is hard sometimes!  Hence the long gaps of time between posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment