Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sounds Like More Excuses to Me

It has come to my attention that it's been a month since I've posted.  A MONTH.  I continually find myself in the state of "where is the time going?"

My weight loss is at a plateau.  Now it's time to actually work on it.  I bought a pair of Sketchers Tone Ups (the store I was at didn't have the Shape Ups in my size).  I love these sneakers.  I've never worn a more comfortable, light-weight sneaker.  They even have little holes near the toes for what I call the "air conditioning effect".  They allow your cooling air into your shoes while you walk.

That being said....I have to actually go for a walk.  I'm not talking about wearing them shopping or for whatever other errands I need to run.  I mean an actual "I'm exercising on purpose" walk.  Last time I talked about wanting to go for a run.  I still want to.  But I have to get the proper clothes to do that.  Scoff if you will, but when I ran across the yard with my daughter and my pants literally ended up around my calves (you're welcome for that image), I knew I couldn't go for a run until I go clothes shopping.  Ditto for a good sports bra.  I don't mean my bra ended up around my calves (how's that for an image?!)  I mean I have to get one.  Even though the girls have shrunk, they still have that uncomfortable bounce action going on.  Again, you're welcome.  No one said this was gonna be pretty!

One other obstacle to overcome is seasonal allergies.  I'm dying over here.  I took the kids outside to play yesterday and ended up in the house a half hour later.  And that's with allergy medicine.  Money is tight, as with everyone these days.  A gym membership is just not a realistic expense at this time.  I love spring, but I hate the allergies that come with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment