Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend update

If you remember a couple of entries ago, my family and I were having a weekend away, and I was worried about what there was going to be to eat.  As it turns out, I had nothing to worry about.  Nothing made me sick, and I learned I can eat crab legs, tortilla chips and buffalo chicken wing dip.  My sister-in-law makes the best wing dip I've ever had.  Yum!

This past weekend also found me eating out.  Friday night I tried a couple of tentative bites of romaine lettuce with Italian dressing.  On Saturday I learned that I can eat the chicken strips from Schwan's.  They were moist, and baked, not fried.  Paired with a baked potato I was quite happy.  Sunday we had a small birthday celebration for my grandmother--she'll be rockin' 85 years tomorrow.  Being an Italian family, we had all Italian foods.  My mother made baked ziti and brought a huge antipasto.  My uncle made stuffed shells, sauce, meatballs and brought hot sausage.  My aunt brought sausage bread, spinach bread, Italian bread, tomato pie, and the cake.  I wanted it all, but was satisfied with a slice of the spinach bread, a meatball, and 1/2 a stuffed shell.  My daughter gave me a bite of her cake, and that was enough.

So it has been a successful, puke free week and a half.  Let's see if we can make it another!

No comments:

Post a Comment