Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shopping. Who Knew It Could Be So FUN?

I am finally beginning to really enjoy my new body.  Yesterday I went shopping...clothes shopping.  I used to hate shopping with a passion.  I had a great time!  Thanks to a bunch of unused gift cards, I got two new bras and 3 new shirts, and still have money left for next time.  I was giddy in the dressing room.  Every time I looked in the mirror I had this stupid grin on my face.  I took an armload of shirts in with me to try on.  It's a good thing I did.  They were all the same size, but one was too small, and two were too big.  Too big.  Imagine that!  I ended up with only two shirts in that store.  Also, I purchased my very first....wait for it...Victoria's Secret bra.  Finally! Up until now the only thing that fit me in that store was the perfume/lotion!  Unfortunately, I didn't try that bra on, and it's just a smidge to small.  No one likes boob spillage in the front.  So I'm taking it back, and will try on either a larger cup size or a different bra altogether.  Turns out it is a demi bra, and let's face it, I'm not a demi bra kind of figure.

By the way, I heart Kohl's.  I found a Chaps sweater for $15 (originally $50) and a Chaps long-sleeve shirt for $30 (originally $60).  My other shirt came from Burlington Coat Factory, and was another good deal.  $9.99 when it was originally $35.  I didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale, with the exception of the Victoria's Secret bra.

I didn't do any shopping for jeans.  I have been getting them used on ebay, due to my ever-shrinking waistline.  I have two pair en route currently, and can't wait to get them.

Now I'm off to the kitchen.  I'm going to do my first-ever brisket, as well as some baking.  I'm in the mood for cookies.  You?

No comments:

Post a Comment