Friday, August 6, 2010

...And That's What Happens When You're a Pig

I'm going to try to finish this new post...I've started it three times already!  I have a very mouthy, unruly girl this morning.  So between numerous interruptions and two poopy diapers, I'm going to try again.

I had my first adventure in overeating.  It was two nights ago, the first night of my new menu choices.  I made elbows and sauce, and it was sooo goood.  I had my allotted 1/2 cup or so (maybe it was a little more, I didn't measure) and was full.  Everyone else finished their dinner, and they went outside to play, leaving me to do the kitchen--again.  *Sigh*, a mother's work never ends.  Anyway, it was about a half hour after I finished dinner that I went out to clean the kitchen.  There sat the elbows, completely naked...no sauce, no butter, no nothing.  I love naked pasta.  Call me weird, but I do.  So I picked three elbows out and ate them.  Mmm, good!  So I took 3 more.  All of a sudden, I felt like someone was pushing their fist into my pouch. [For those of you who don't know, the pouch is located directly under your sternum]  I thought, "ok, I'll just walk around and hope it settles"  Yeah, it didn't.  In fact, it kept getting worse, and the urge to throw up was getting stronger and stronger.  I went into the bathroom, terrified, because I have heard horror stories about throwing up with the pouch.  Well, throw up I did, and it wasn't terrible.  I mean, throwing up is never fun, but compared to how it normally feels, it wasn't so bad.  Still, it isn't something I'm going to aspire to do again.  I know it's inevitable, and it will happen until I learn my limitations, but at least now I don't have to be scared.

In other news...a friend of mine "introduced" me (via Facebook) to her friend who had the surgery 2 years ago.  She is doing wonderfully.  She talked to me about nutrition and vitamins, and got me wondering if I'm taking in enough protein.  I'm thinking about ordering supplements from the website she referred me to.  I'm in love with this website.  It has fantastic recipes that I can't wait to try, sugar free foods that they swear don't taste sugar free, vitamins, supplements, support...anything you could want.  Check it out, I've been on it daily.  www.bariatriceating.com

Today I'm off to swim my ass off at my parents' pool...and I do hope that literally happens!  Right now I have to go get my children under control...distracted mother = children misbehaving for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment