Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eating Out

Last night was school shopping night.  Gabby and I went to Kohl's with my sister Crystal and my cousin Alicia, who is visiting from out of state.  We had a good time watching Gabby model all of her clothes in the dressing room.  After a couple of hours of clothes shopping (and an excruciatingly long time in the jewelry dept. looking for just the right necklace), we decided to head to Red Lobster for dinner.

I heart Red Lobster.  And I figured I'd be good with some sort of fish and the mashed potatoes.  So that's what I ordered.  Wood grilled tilapia, broccoli and the creamy languosto lobster mashed potatoes (I can't have the lobster yet so I picked it out).  I can't have salad yet either, so the waitress gave me the option of another side.  Double mashed, please!  The waitress then brought us out our cheddar bay biscuits.  Mmmm.  I decided I could nibble on one, so I did.  I had a few nibbles and it sat okay, but I figured I better quit while I was ahead.  I shouldn't have had it though, because I was full by the time my dinner came.  So I picked at my fish, which was delicious, and picked at the potatoes, which are always good.  I brought home a ton of food.  I had my potatoes, my fish, broccoli, and my sister's potatoes and the little bit of tilapia she had left.  Needless to say, I have a good 4 meals worth of food left.  I'm now the official cheap date.  Between not being able to eat more than a couple of bites, and once I can drink I imagine it won't take long to knock me on my butt, I figure things are gonna be a lot cheaper!

Tonight was soccer night, and on those nights I don't cook dinner because we don't get home til about 7.  Alicia is staying with us again tonight, so we picked up pizza on the way home.  At my favorite place.  I haven't had pizza in the house yet, and if you've been following this you know I'd rip off my arm for some pizza.  It was very hard (it looked and smelled so good!) but I sat on the couch by myself, away from the pizza, and had my reheated potatoes from last night.

I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment