Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Easier? I Think It Might Be!

Is it possible that this is finally getting a little easier?  I feel like it might be.  Sunday we went to visit my husband's parents, who were camping at 8th Lake near Inlet.  Lunch and dinner didn't bother me at all, and I found regular food I could eat.  Cottage cheese; grilled zucchini, squash, onions and potatoes; potato salad...the smell of the grilling meat was amazing, so I thought I'd try my "suck on the steak" trick with the venison.  It was really good, but I've gone so long without meat I didn't get that huge satisfaction that I got the first time (when I was desperate!)

While we were there, I actually wanted to get off my butt and go do things.  We walked all over, went bike riding, and I even thought about kayaking, but I wasn't sure if I should do that so soon after the surgery.  I don't know if that uses abdominal muscles, or just your arms.  So I passed...for now.

Last night for dinner I made the family marinated sirloin pork chops on the grill, with my seasoned brown rice and Italian vegetables.  I had mac and cheese and the zucchini out of the veggies.  I only got about two bites of both before I started getting that uncomfortable feeling.  What better time to go grocery shopping?

So I left, leaving my husband to (semi) clean up the kitchen.  (I have dishes to wash this morning, thank you very much, dude). 

Solo grocery shopping rocks.  I love it.  No fidgety kid in the cart, no whining kid that wants to ride in the cart but is too big, no "Mom, can I have ___?"  And I went to a store I don't normally go to unless I need only a couple of things.  As I was shopping, I glanced into my cart and saw only healthy foods in it.  Not only is this new lifestyle going to affect me, but my family as well.  I didn't buy garbage before, but I didn't go overly healthy either.  Like everything was "low fat" or "sugar free" (by the way, sugar free Fudgesicles fudge bars are awesome, and only 40 calories).  I'm excited to start cooking even healthier meals.  I'm always up for the challenge.

Speaking of challenges, this coming Friday night is my sister-in-law-to-be's bachelorette party.  We're going to be going to dinner, then to a comedy club.  So I'm going to find out ahead of time where we're eating and go online to see if they have their menu listed.  But for now I'm thinking of broiled fish...it'll be Friday, after all.

My husband is picking up my bridesmaid dress tonight...I can't wait to try it on and see how huge it is...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment