Saturday, July 24, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my first ever blog!  I hope you decide to join my on my journey to "the skinny side".  My good friend Kim brought me flowers the day after my surgery, and the card read "Welcome to the skinny side!" (she also had the surgery, and as a seasoned vet is helping me through).  Hence the name of the blog. 

I have thought about having gastric bypass for years.  Every time I heard of someone else that had it done, I would get jealous.  When my weight ballooned to its highest, I decided enough is enough.  What better time than now?  I'm staying home with the kids, it's summer, and I have no other obligations that I would have to worry about.  So I called my surgeon in May for an initial consultation, and in July went in for the procedure.

This is the hardest thing I have ever done.  If anyone is stupid enough to say that a person that has had gastric bypass is "taking the easy way out", I will punch them square in the mouth.  It's a mental thing, and getting your brain to jive with your new stomach is so hard.  This is basically a die-hard foodie quitting cold turkey.  If you've tried to quit anything cold turkey, then you know how hard it is!

In my next post, I'm going to start off by taking you through to the beginning...for now, my family and I are off to Walmart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment