Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cheater, Cheater...Steak Eater?

Sometime during the first week (the days all blend together), I was desperate for some real food.  Enough of this clear liquid crap.  That happened to be the day my husband fixed steak for dinner...and I love me some steak.

He and the kids were sitting in the dining room, enjoying their dinner, and I was miserably trying to ignore them and the delicious scent from the living room.  I went into the kitchen for a refill on my drink, and there sat the steak, taunting me.  I thought, what's the harm in just tasting it?  I cut a piece.  I stabbed it with the fork.  I looked at it.  And I popped it in my mouth.  Who in their right mind sucks on steak??  The eyes of my husband and daughter just about popped out of their head.  "Mom," my daughter gasped, "what are you doing?!"  I told her not to worry, I was going to spit it out.  So I sucked on it, and then I chewed it.  I chewed it and chewed it.  Then I got a paper towel and spit it out.  Oh my God, it was amazing.  So I did it a few more times.  Now, those of you who are laughing out there, you go ahead and laugh.  Yeah, it sounds silly.  But it got me through the craving and let me chew for the first time in over a week.  Yay for chewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment